10 Revealing Marketing Statistics About Facebook for Business
Many business owners have never given Facebook marketing a second thought. The notion may not seem that important or may even seem ridiculous. The following revealing marketing statistics about Facebook may make these business owners start to change their minds.
- 42% of marketers state that Facebook is important to their business. It is important to keep in mind that this number goes beyond the marketers. There are a large number of business owners who also rely heavily on Facebook for their marketing strategies.
- Since 2009, the number of businesses that claim that Facebook is important has increased by 75%. It is anticipated that this number will continue to increase as more marketers gain an understanding of the potential of Facebook and Facebook continues to offer more customization options for marketers and advertisers.
- During the past 6 months, social media has become a crucial marketing component for 62% of marketers. Marketers need to integrate their social channels in order to see optimal results. These channels should include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Social media has a lead-to-close rate that is 100% higher than outbound marketing. It turns out that the leads marketers generate from social media really do turn into customers.
- B2B companies acquire 43% of their customers through Facebook. Facebook marketing is not just for B2C companies.
- Retail is the top industry that has acquired customers through Facebook.
- They are leading the pack with an average of 90% customer acquisition through Facebook. The second runner up, education, has an average of 60%.
- 80% of American social network users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook. Marketers should monitor and update their Facebook pages on a regular basis to keep these users engaged.
- Brands have experienced a 46% increase in user engagement through Facebook’s new business timeline. Brands now get a significantly higher number of likes, shares, and comments.
- Furthermore, brands have experienced a 65% increase in user engagement through the interactive content available with the new timeline. The time that marketers invest in interactive content is well worth the effort. Additionally, they should consider opportunities to share high quality, relevant pictures and videos whenever possible.
Download our FREE e-book: 10 Reasons Why Google SEO is Dead.
Comments are closed.